Jobs at Somerset Bridge Medical Centre
7 Good Reasons to Join Our Practice
- Supportive team with emphasis on ‘family’ medicine
- Ongoing investment in training and career development
- Sharing the workload approach – no ‘duty doctor’
- Forward thinking and innovative team
- Community/patient involvement with social prescribing at the forefront
- Good support from a multi-disciplinary practice team plus pcn funded health professionals in ‘arrs’ roles
- Flexible hours, competitive remuneration package
Salaried GP (or partner)
An exciting opportunity to join a friendly, patient-focused practice Partnership in Somerset, located within easy reach of Taunton, Bristol and the beautiful Somerset coast.
The practice is multi-disciplinary, dynamic and innovative. Our focus is patient-centred care with lots of engagement with local community. We really enjoy our work, develop new services regularly, and are involved in training across different professions. We like to ensure our work is sustainable by supporting each other and looking after the health and wellbeing of practice team members. Portfolio careers are actively encouraged and there are potential future partnership opportunities available too.
We have abandoned 'duty doctor' sessions in favour of mutual support. We have lots of expertise within the practice and you will be encouraged and supported in your own areas of special interest. We have a strong focus on training and development, and we equip our team with the skills and knowledge to be successful. We are currently looking at new models of working to future proof the practice and manage the changing demands on General Practice. You would play a key role in these decisions and the future shape of the practice.
Social prescribing underpins our work and this is supported by our in-house Health & Wellbeing Coach as well as our Village Agent. We have established a number of patient groups including an active PPG, Walking Group and Gardening Group at the practice.
This is a golden opportunity for both newly qualified GPs or experienced GPs to come and join a forward-looking, dynamic, multi-disciplinary team.
- Purpose-built premises just off the M5 (junction 24), and sister practice, Redgate Medical Centre, located approximately 1.5 miles away
- Combined patient list of 12250 patients, mainly young families
- PMS practice using EMIS web, Accurx, Ardens
- Practice nurse-led chronic disease management
- Student nurse training practice with plans to become a GP training practice in the future
- Friendly administrative support teams including experienced repeat prescription clerks
- Streamlined document workflow to reduce unnecessary workload
- On site surgical and contraceptive services (training opportunities available)
- CQC inspection– overall good rating with areas of outstanding practice identified
- High QOF achievement and enhanced services
- Active involvement in our local Primary Care Network and staff working in ARRS roles.
What we can offer
- Up to 6 sessions per a week (negotiable)
- BMA model contract
- A very competitive salary, 6 weeks’ annual leave and 1 week study leave.
- Medical indemnity fees paid
- Active support and encouragement to develop own special interests
- Bi-weekly protected clinical education meeting
- Daily morning ‘huddle’ and coffee/get-together for all clinicians
- No OOH but local sessions available
For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit please contact Kathy Bartley, Practice Manager or Dr Donal Hynes, GP partner on 01278 411520.
You can also contact us online.
We would be more than happy to offer a taster session as a Locum GP so you can experience working within our friendly practice team.
Medical Receptionist [CLOSED]
Medical receptionists are essential members of the practice team, who are often the first point of contact for patients and visitors. Whilst working under clinical guidance and agreed protocols their role is to assist patients in their inquiries and signpost them to the most appropriate service or clinician. They need to demonstrate exemplary communication skills and be able to show respect, kindness, courtesy and compassion for each other, our patients and our community.
We have a vacancy for a Medical Receptionist to join our fantastic team working 23.5 hours per week. The hours of work are:
- Monday 8 am - 1 pm
- Tuesday 8 am - 6.30 pm
- Thursday 8 am - 6 pm
In addition, you will be expected to work one evening (6-8 pm on either a Tuesday or Wednesday) as part of a rota, approximately one week in eight.
Being a Medical Receptionist can, at times, be quite challening but at the same time very rewarding. If you are someone who is able to work at a fast place, who thrives under pressure, has excellent communication skills and enjoys working as part of a team then we would love to hear from you.
Closing date for applications is 6 September 2023. For further information or to apply click on the link below.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.